It was good decision that Indian prime minister Narendra Modi ji has imposed lockdown throughout the country in view of Codid19 pandemic. It has helped the slow down the disease growth. It has instilled discipline and social distancing among the citizens. It has averted a loss of life.
However the lock down has also caused a lot of suffering to middle class people, poor families and business owners. And it has impacted the economy heavily too. But we, as a nation needs to make some compromises considering the loss of life that the disease would have caused without the the nationwide lockdown that Modi government has imposed.
Today our beloved prime minister Modi ji will address the nation again at 10 AM to announce the further steps. It is widely speculated that he will announce the extension of the lockdown, pssoibly with a few relaxations. In the prevailing situation, the whether to extend the lock down or not is a tough decision for any government to make.In my opinion, the lockdown should be lifted with some measures like banning the social gatherings. Now all the people are equipped with the basic knowledge about the preventive measures. It’s now the individuals’ responsibility to take care of their health and follow preventive measures like social distancing, using masks, gloves, sanitizers etc.Every action comes with some cost. We need to have a balance.I suggest the following:
1) Lockdown should be lifted after today, the 14th April 2020.
2) All the economic activity should be restored with a few exceptions.
3) All the shops and malls should be opened, lest the small businesses and dependent workers and families don’t have to starve or get into the burden of debts or losses.
4) All the social gatherings, meetings, conferences should be banned.
5) All the public meetings should be conducted using online video conferencing tools.
6) All the schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutes should remain closed. Educational activities should be done using online classes.
7) Movie theatres should remain closed.
8) Pubs, discos and all other entertainment activities should be closed.
9) Social activities, parties, gatherings should banned till the situation gets into control.
10) Public religious activities must be strictly prohibited.
11) All the mosques, churches, temples, guru dwaras etc must be closed for public.
12) Everyone must wear masks and gloves every time they step out of house.
13) Everyone must sanitize themselves before they step out of and after they reach back homes.
14) Online deliveries should be restored.
15) All the business/economic activities such as shops, manufacturing and other industries should be restored with the exceptions mentioned above.
16) Agriculture sector should be boosted.
17) Supply chain systems and transportation of all the goods should be restored to the normal.
18) Public transportation such as buses, trains, flights should remain closed.
19) Private transport should be restored. Rental taxi services including bikes should be restored.
ॐ शन्तिः शन्तिः शन्तिः
లోకా సమస్తా సుఖినోభవంతు
May the whole World be Happy and Peaceful