A few days ago I booked a bus ticket through makemytrip.com.
The bus not only did not stop at the boarding point but also makemytrip.com has one of the worst services I have ever had.
Following is my email to their customer support to which they have not even bothered to reply till now.
I am planning to take a severe legal action against them in case they do not respond properly soon.
|| Krishna Reddy
Please Cancel & do the needful – Re: Your MakeMyTrip bus e-ticket for booking id:BUS50009116874053 (Hyderabad-Anaparthi)
| Krishna Reddy
|| Sun, May 9, 2010 at 9:08 PM
I have booked a bus ticket (Make My Trip Id: BUS50009116874053) through your portal makemytrip.com.
The journey was from Hyderabad to Anaparthi and boarding time was 10:40 pm at Panjagutta in Hyderabad.
Other ticket details can be found in your email below.
However, the bus did not stop at the designated boarding point mentioned in the ticket.
The bus passed by the boarding point but did not even slow down there, let alone halting.
This despite my being present at the boarding point much before the boarding time and waving at the bus when it was passing through the boarding point.
Then I consistently kept calling up all five contact numbers of the bus operator (model travels) mentioned in the ticket.
There was no response at all from 4 of the five numbers you have mentioned in the ticket.
Upon calling the fifth number, I was given another phone number and was asked to call that number.
This sixth number happened to be a wrong number.
Then I called up your call center number and Mr. Jitendra picked up the call. I explained him the problem then he said that he would check with the bus operator and would call me back within 20 minutes.
However there was no call from your end for a long time.
So frustrated at this, I had to call you back; this time I had to explain the whole problem again to Mr. Fareed Ahmed, who picked up the call.
Then he said he could neither help or arrange for an alternative.
This whole episode caused me utter inconvenience and severe mental trauma as there was no alternative way to travel to Anaparthi, where I had to go to urgently, nor did I have a place to stay in the midnight.
So hereby I request you to kindly
1) Do the needful to compensate me for my loss
2) Take a strict action against the bus operator and
3) Remove the bus operator from your service list.
4) Please escalate this issue to the highest level of your customer care and other concerned departments.
Anticipating your appropriate response at the earliest.
On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
|| Book return trip bus tickets and get 10% cash back on both the tickets.
|| Bus Operator:
|| Make My Trip Id:
|| Bus Type:
||Non A/C Seater (2+2)
|| Operator PNR:
| Journey Date:
|| Ticket Number:
| Boarding Time:
|| Total Fare:
*Please reach your boarding point 15 minutes before the scheduled boarding time
|| Seat Type
|| Seat Type
||Mr Krishna Reddy
|Boarding Point Details
| Boarding Point:
||Punjagutta,Civil Supplies Building, Petrol Bunk,
| Bus Operator Contact Number:
|Frequently Asked Questions
- What documents I need to board my bus?
Please carry a print out of this e-ticket along with an identity proof with your photograph on it. Failing to do so, you may not be allowed to board the bus.
- Do I need to reconfirm my booking?
No, your booking is confirmed and there is no need to re confirm the same.
- How do I cancel my ticket?
Please mail us at Busservice@makemytrip.com or call us at 0124-462-8765 (Standard Charges Apply) or 1800-103-8765 (Toll Free) to cancel your e-ticket.
MakeMyTrip would not be able to process refunds for cancellations done directly with the bus operators.
- Can I do partial cancellations (e.g. cancel only 2 passengers out of 4 booked)?
Partial cancellations are not allowed. You would need to cancel the entire ticket.
- What are the cancellation charges if I cancel my e-ticket?
A cancellation fee will be levied on every bus ticket cancelled. Applicable charges are:
– Cancellation more than 24 hours before travel – 25% of the fare paid (Refund amount will be Rs 255)
– Cancellation within 24 hours before travel – 100% of the fare paid (Refund amount will be Rs 0)
- How do I contact MakeMyTrip.com?
For your boarding point or departure time queries please call Model Travels directly at 040-64615555,64566555,23150378,23154599,9246191955 .
To get in touch with MakeMyTrip.com, mail us as Busservice@makemytrip.com or call us at 0124-462-8765 (Standard Charges Apply) or 1800-103-8765 (Toll Free).
|Important Terms & Conditions
- Agency: MakeMyTrip (India) Pvt. Ltd (hereinafter ‘MMT’) is only providing the services as agent of various tour operators (hereinafter ‘Operators’). MMT’s obligations are limited to issuance of ticket, providing information as made available to it and processing refunds. MMT is not responsible for the provision of services by the respective operator. MMT assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions or omissions of the operators including non-adherence of the scheduled timings, behavior of the operator’s staff, conditions inside the buses, loss of life or property, delay, breakdown or inconvenience suffered by the user or passenger.
- The primary passenger is required to furnish a print out of the e-ticket and an identity proof with the passenger’s photograph on it at time of boarding the bus. Failing to do so, the bus operator may not allow boarding.
- The bus e-ticket booked is non transferable.
- The bus operator reserves the right to change the seat number(s) of the passenger(s).
- The bus operator reserves the right to change the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take customers to the bus departure point
- The departure and arrival timings mentioned on the e-ticket are only tentative timings. The same are subject to change.
- The bus trips may be delayed, postponed or cancelled due to unavoidable reasons.
- Provision of video/air conditioning or any such other services is the responsibility of the bus operator. Any refunds/claims due to non-functioning or unavailability of these services needs to be settled directly with the service provider (the bus operator).
- In the event of cancellation of a bus/service trip, MMT’s liability will be limited only to the extent of refunding the sum paid by the passenger for the price of the e-ticket.
- In case the bus operator changes the type of bus due to unavoidable reasons, MMT will refund the differential amount (difference in fare between the bus type booked and bus type provided, where a lower bus type is provided) to the customer upon being intimated by the customer within 3 days of the journey.
Click here to get a Website like this